Sunday, October 10, 2010

An Introduction

Hello out there! My name is Brock, and I'd like to use this first blog entry as a chance to introduce myself, and my inspirations for beginning this journey.

As an adult with many interests and hobbies, yet devoid of true passion, there was a day when my first honest infatuation was introduced to me. It was a Friday in early February 2003 when I met my bide-to-be on a blind-date. Her true love of life and the Creator was a thing of beauty which I found myself destined never to live without. As I write this first blog entry, we have much to be grateful for. We are now a family of four, with a new bundle just 26 short weeks away. I am truly a blessed man.

I would love to claim the fact of being a long-time student of Liberty. This, however, is not the case. As a younger man, my leanings had always been in the general direction of freedom, however this view came from no baseline of truth. My short history as a fundamental Libertarian finds it's roots in the 2008 Ron Paul presidential campaign. This country owes a great deal to Dr. Paul and his years of work preaching the ideals of Liberty. My education in God-given rights finds it's roots in my February introduction to my beautiful bride. It was she who put into context for the first time subjects such as: Man's legal dominion on Earth, and God's influence in Earthly governance. By way of these two newly discovered passions, Love and Liberty, I have found my third: the cleverly written word.

Anyhow, I hope to entertain, educate, as well as sharpen my own tools in this process. Good evening, and God Bless.

Truly,

Brock T. Southwick

No comments:

Post a Comment